Chakra Healing: How To Open Your Solar Plexus Chakra
When you master all 7 chakras, you become increasingly able to exert influence on your mental and physical health.
The main reason why people don’t bother learning about their solar plexus chakra is that they can sound rather confusing at first.
You might not remember which names correspond to which areas, or really understand what the word “chakra” means. Some resources on chakras are so full of jargon that you might struggle to see how you can actually make use of the ideas.
The good news is that working with chakras doesn’t have to be overly complex, and it doesn’t need intense study.
Tuning into your solar plexus chakra is especially useful if you struggle with low self-esteem or feel more in control of your life.
This basic guide on how to balance your chakras will cover techniques for unblocking the solar plexus chakra. Plus, it will detail the daily exercises that use the solar plexus chakra to its full potential.
What Is a Chakra? Solar Plexus Chakra Meaning and Location
You can think of chakras as energy centers that are dispersed all throughout the body.
When they are in alignment, you feel happier and physically stronger. And when one or more is blocked, you can experience low moods or various health issues.
By developing a deeper understanding of the solar plexus chakra and learning how to unblock chakras, you cultivate your abilities to make good decisions and see things clearly. You also refine your self-concept and can boost your overall confidence.
This increase in self-esteem is useful in all chakra work, and in all areas of your existence. After all, everything in life is better if you’re able to feel good about yourself.
Solar Plexus Chakra Information Summary
- Physical Location: Around the stomach area at the top of your abdomen.
- Color: Yellow.
- Element: Fire.
- Associated Animal: Ram.
- Emotional Issues and Behaviors of Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra: If there’s a blockage around the Solar Plexus Chakra, your confidence will be very shaky. If there is only a small blockage, there may only be insecurity in one specific area. A larger blockage will cause generalized self-esteem problems. You might be haunted by thoughts that you are not good enough, and you may feel unable to draw useful lessons from life’s challenges. Physical difficulties associated with a blocked Solar Plexus Chakra may include digestive discomfort and troubles with memory.
Balancing Chakras: What Is The Solar Plexus Chakra Responsible For?
The solar plexus (or Manipura) chakra location is at the top of your abdomen, around the diaphragm area. You might also see it referred to as the “personal power chakra” for the reasons mentioned above.
So, any of the following types of factors can impact the solar plexus chakra, or can themselves be influenced by work on the solar plexus:
- How you respond to criticism from other people
- Whether you see yourself as “good enough”
- Your capacity for self-forgiveness
- Your self-discipline
- Whether you can learn lessons from difficulties
- Your independence
- How you define yourself and your life’s purpose
Consequently, an open solar plexus chakra will ensure you feel self-assured, certain of your own identity, and sure of what you need to do to succeed.
On the other hand, your solar plexus chakra can be blocked or knocked out of its proper alignment by anything that undermines you, by sudden changes in your life, or by difficulties associated with moving on from past mistakes.
Interestingly, chakra experts also note that you can have an overactive solar plexus chakra, leading to feelings of mania or anxiety.
Symptoms of a Blocked Solar Plexus Chakra
Now that you understand the meaning of the solar plexus chakra, we can look at what happens during a blockage.
Here are the most commonly reported solar plexus chakra problems and symptoms that are linked to solar plexus blockages:
- Feeling like you need to control everything and everyone around you
- Feeling helpless
- Difficulty seeing the “big picture” in life
- Lack of purpose or direction
- Low self-esteem
- Dreams that lack associated plans
- Unresolved guilt about the past
If you have a minor blockage, your reduced confidence or ambition might only be in one area of your life (say, work or romance). Meanwhile, a bigger blockage will be linked to universally low self-esteem and potentially even to feelings of worthlessness.
Physical symptoms caused by a blocked solar plexus chakra also include the following:
- Digestive cramps
- Difficulties with short-term memory
When you have a blocked solar plexus chakra, you won’t always be able to pinpoint the source of the problem. However, any time that you do find yourself with negative solar plexus symptoms, ask yourself if anything to do with purpose or confidence has been particularly difficult for you recently.
For example, perhaps someone has ridiculed you when you told them what you want to do with your life. Alternatively, maybe you regret a recent decision and are really struggling to see how you can move on in a productive way.
Once you have a better handle on exactly how you can push the solar plexus chakra back into its proper place, you’ll also become better at spotting the types of things that might block that chakra.
In time, the goal is for solar plexus chakra exercises and techniques to become almost second nature, so that you utilize them in time to prevent a significant block.
Solar Plexus Healing: How To Open And Unblock Your Solar Plexus Chakra
It’s a good idea to devote time to learning techniques focused on each of the 7 chakras. Each one offers its own benefits. That said, there are clear advantages to focusing merely on the solar plexus chakra, at least for a time.
When you work on creating a more positive self-image, making responsible decisions, and understanding what you want from life, good things follow!
Whether you want to find a relationship, get more job satisfaction, or broaden your social life, confidence and autonomy are necessary precursors. You will also likely experience psychological or spiritual growth, and, as a bonus, notice smoother digestion and less stomach discomfort.
Since the solar plexus chakra also has a lot to do with life purpose, working on this chakra can also reduce procrastination. Similarly, it can help you ensure you’re using your time to create a better future for yourself. We’ll turn now to look at four specific ways in which you can unblock your solar plexus chakra. Remember to consider how you can integrate these techniques into your everyday life.
1. Use Solar Plexus Chakra Stones And Jewelry For Healing
As you probably know, all stones and crystals have ancient meanings and associations. As such, it’s unsurprising that there are stones allocated to each chakra.
You can use these stones in a variety of ways when opening chakras. You might wear solar plexus chakra jewelry, hold a stone in the palm of your hand when meditating, or simply carry one in your pocket to help keep your solar plexus in alignment.
Here are the stones most frequently associated with solar plexus chakra healing:
- Amber: Your solar plexus chakra is marked as yellow on maps of the chakras, so yellow is often used to symbolize it more generally. Amber stones are orangey-yellow in color, and they are linked to both confidence and mental clarity. Use this stone if you’re struggling to make a decision.
- Yellow tourmaline: Yellow tourmaline is physically striking, and you’ll often see it advertised as a “detox” stone on a list of solar plexus crystals. It’s all about getting rid of negativity (both in views of yourself and the past).
- Citrine: Another yellow solar plexus crystal, this pale stone is sometimes called the “success stone”. Any journey related to personal empowerment goes well with acquiring a piece of citrine, and you can also use citrine for self-esteem.
2. Solar Plexus Meditation And Yoga Techniques
Solar plexus chakra meditation techniques for beginners are easy to do if you have a basic grounding in more general meditation practice.
They begin with several minutes of deep breathing, and then once you’re suitably relaxed and focused you can move onto a visualization stage that helps you access the solar plexus chakra:
- Turn your attention to your upper abdomen, where the solar plexus chakra resides.
- Picture a round sphere of glowing yellow light in the center of the upper abdomen, and slowly concentrate on making the energy wider and brighter.
- Imagine the sphere rotating (clockwise) as it grows, and feel the area becoming warmer and more relaxed as you do this.
- After 3-5 minutes, let the energy dissipate throughout your body, take a few deep breaths again and open your eyes.
You can also add yoga poses to your day if you want to align or unblocked the solar plexus chakra. Experts on chakra work typically encourage all forms of yoga, but particular exercises are more influential on the position of the solar plexus chakra.
For example, try the child’s pose, which also offers the advantage of being very soothing:
- Put a soft blanket or cushion under your knees.
- Kneel down, sitting on your heels
- Move your knees so they are hip-width apart.
- Lean down so your torso sits between your thighs.
(For thousands of years, lightworkers and energy healers have used specific stones to calm and focus the mind, reduce stress, and foster health and vitality. Find out more and get your free energy bracelet, just click here now to find out more…)
3. Chakra Foods List And Diet Suggestions
Just as your diet influences your general health, so too does it impact on the seven major energy centers in your body. Consequently, one of the easiest ways to make a difference to chakra alignment is to tweak your diet so that it nurtures (rather than blocks) the chakras.
Increasing fiber intake, cutting back on sugar and reducing the amount of saturated fat in your diet are all great for your chakras. However, there are also particular chakra foods that target the solar plexus and can speed up solar plexus chakra healing:
- Yellow peppers: Since yellow is the color of the solar plexus chakra, you can’t go wrong when adding more yellow peppers to your diet.
- Complex carbohydrates: Given that the solar plexus chakra plays a big role in the energy you have for pursuing goals, it’s smart to go for food that gives you a steady, sustained supply of energy instead of just a spike in blood sugar. Good examples include brown rice, brown bread, and wholegrain cereal.
- Corn: Another bright, optimistic yellow food, corn can nourish the solar plexus chakra and give your well-being an extra boost. It is often the first solar plexus food mentioned in a beginner’s guide to chakras.
- Chamomile tea: While not strictly a food, chamomile tea has always been recommended to help treat a solar plexus chakra blockage. It can also settle an unsettled stomach.
4. Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations To Use
Most affirmations are intended to help you boost your self-esteem. So, in that sense, almost any positive affirmation can reduce blockages in your solar plexus area. However, you can design specific phrases that speak directly to the solar plexus chakra. These can help to tackle underlying issues of low confidence or lack of purpose.
Try one or more of the following:
- “I am the embodiment of inner peace and confidence.”
- “I have high self-esteem and feel better about myself every day.”
- “We don’t need to be in control of everything in our lives.”
- “I'm powerful, and I am comfortable with that power.”
- “I feel motivated to pursue my purpose.”
- “I release myself from negative past experiences.”
- “I'm ambitious, capable, and ready to fulfill my purpose.”
- “I know I am worthy, good, and capable.”
- “I forgive myself for past mistakes, and I learn from them.”
- “The only thing I need to control is how I respond to situations.”
Remember that you can be as creative as you like when it comes to affirming. Change, remove and add words as you see fit.
In addition, try putting your hand on the area of your solar plexus as you say your chakra-aligning affirmation.