Neale Donald Walsch
Spiritual messenger, critically acclaimed author, and Law of Attraction expert Neale Donald Walsch has published 29 books and strives to help others achieve personal fulfillment.
Sometimes incorrectly referred to as Neale Diamond Walsch, Donald Neale Walsch, or Donald Neaele, he rose to fame partly due to his role in The Secret.
His highly successful book “Conversations with God” has been translated into almost 40 different languages.
Neale Donald Walsch Biography
Neale Walsch currently lives in the south of Oregon with his wife Em Claire (whose contemporary poetry is attracting increasing amounts of attention).
Neale describes himself as having had a life-long interest in religion, but the turning point in his personal and professional life came when he experienced a personal conversation with God.
He has used the contents of that conversation to guide others on the path to enlightenment and to help them apply the teachings of the Bible to everyday life.
In addition to his work as a writer, he has founded a range of effective outreach projects (including the CWG Helping Outreach, CWG for Parents, and The Global Conversation).
A keen traveler, Neale Walsch speakers in countries all over the world and promotes a message of healing and hope.
Conversations With God
Those who didn’t find Neale Donald Walsch through his Law of Attraction expertise often discovered him through the Conversations With Good book.
In many ways, what he offers is “the bible made easy”, writing in a clear and lucid style that is suitable for readers of all education levels.
There is also a Conversations With God audiobook if you are better suited to listening to Neale’s work (and this allows for e.g. listening during a commute or a walk).
Based on a series of conversations that began in 1993, the Conversations With God material also led to the creation of a Conversation With God foundation.
As Neale Walsch sees it, the purpose of the foundation is to promote world peace, sustainability, and the recreation of our relationship with God.
Conversations With God Quotes
The meditations from Conversations With God are all highly quotable, as are many other sections of the Conversation With God series.
Some popular examples include the following:
- “Enlightenment is understanding that there is nowhere to go, nothing to do, and nobody you have to be except exactly who you're being right now.”
- “All human actions are motivated at their deepest level by one of two emotions—fear or love.”
- “There is only one purpose for all of life, and that is for you and all that lives to experience fullest glory.”
Neale Donald Walsch Quotes
Material from Neale Walsch’s many other books and his popular speeches are also often quoted as sources of healing, inspiration, and spiritual understanding. Some of his other most inspiring and powerful quotes include the following:
- “A person can either do something in order to ‘be happy,' or a person can start the day by simply deciding to ‘be happy,' and the things that person will do will automatically reflect that.”
- “The deepest secret is that life is not a process of discovery, but a process of creation. You are not discovering yourself, but creating yourself anew. Seek not to find out who you are, seek to determine who you want to be.”
- “What you have carried in your mind about the world is what you will see around the world. What you carry in your mind about your life is what you will see in your life.”
Neale Donald Walsch Books
As indicated above, Neale Donald Walsch’s meditations from Conversations With God are an excellent place to start if you’re interested in his work.
However, his contributions to Rhonda Byrne’s “The Secret” are also well worth reading and do well to represent his overall view.
Meanwhile, he has a range of other highly successful books that cover different areas of his spiritual teachings, many of which are members of the wider “Conversations With God” series.
For example, “Conversations With God for Parents” helps to translate his material to a language more suitable for teaching young children.
Another popular book, “God’s Message to the World: You’ve Got Me All Wrong”, focuses on how we might change the planet overnight if we reconsidered our conception of God and what God wants.